"Buying a property is a stressful event especially if it is in another country. We had the great fortune of working with Sue Bruinsma (of Baja Properties) in purchasing our new home in Palmilla, while living in California (USA). Sue was exceptional, from the initial home showings, through to closure. Her responsiveness was outstanding with most questions and concerns being answered literally in minutes, whether morning, afternoon or late evening. She helped us on every issue directly related to the home purchase and answered our many questions relating to what living in Los Cabos would be like and what to prepare for. You cannot get better and we can thoroughly recommend her as an outstanding realtor."
To whom it may concern,
We have worked with Sue Bruinsma for several years as we looked for property in Cabo San Lucas, the corridor, and in San Jose del Cabo. Sue was extremely thoughtful at finding potential properties and in showing us numerous options over a long period. In that context she was patient and tenacious at helping us find the right property at the right time. Sue was very flexible in showing properties and accommodated our schedule when we were in Cabo San Lucas.
Ultimately we made an offer on a condo in Cabo, have closed, and have also remodeled the unit. Sue was very helpful in the closing process, dealing with the trust, and in helping us connect with people that could help us complete the remodel. She not only introduced us to people in the area but helped coordinate meetings and communications as we decided on the people we wanted to help us remodel the older unit we bought.
Sue has been helpful, friendly, patient and professional. She stuck with us for a long period and allowed us to ultimately get the property we wanted when we were ready for the decision and commitment. I highly recommend Sue.
Being within a year of full retirement from our jobs in the Dallas, TX area, we wanted to explore ownership of a property in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and started looking at some listings on the internet.
During this process, we saw some listings by Suzanne Bruinsma and contacted her by email to ask some questions. The first thing Suzanne did was to ask us exactly what our situation was and then she provided us with a document which explained in great detail and accuracy the ownership process for foreigners in Mexico. She knew that this information should be the first thing we considered before pursuing the purchase of a property in Mexico.
Suzanne then asked us for our preferences in property types, locations, etc. and proceeded to share listings of numerous properties which might suit our needs. We then narrowed down her recommendations until we had a comprehensive list of properties that we wished to see. We arranged a few days when we planned to travel to Cabo to see our property list and Suzanne immediately accommodated us by blocking off those days and setting up viewings of all properties on our list.
Suzanne met us when we arrived and her first order of business was to give us an overview tour of the area pointing out differences between certain areas and explaining the relevant pros and cons of each area in terms of our lifestyle and stated preferences. Based on this initial orientation, we toured the properties on our list and, within 3 days, had narrowed our choice down to 2 properties. We made our final choice and presented an offer on the evening before we flew back home. Suzanne worked diligently that evening and the next morning to have the accepted offer back to us before we left on our flight. She even arranged for us to initiate a Power of Attorney with the local Notario before we left in case we couldn’t be there in person for the closing.
I can’t begin to tell you how thankful we are that we chose Suzanne to be our Real Estate agent for our property search and purchase in the Los Cabos area.
- She started by ensuring we had the appropriate information to help us in understanding the essential information regarding property ownership in Mexico.
- She then encouraged us to think about what we actually wanted in a property for our retirement and then provided us with a wide selection of properties to consider.
- When it was time to actually view the properties, she had everything arranged and timed perfectly to make the shopping experience orderly and stress-free and on OUR schedule.
- There was never a time when she made us feel we were not the most important people in her world and made sure any little thing we wanted was available and was not an inconvenience.
- When it came time to make an offer and wrap up our property search successfully, she went above and beyond to make it all happen before we had to leave for home and offered excellent advice in our negotiations.
- But what has impressed us the most about Suzanne is that even after we had closed on our house, she has continued to stay in touch and to personally assist us with the many little details required for “long distance ownership” of a house in another country. This includes paying a utility bill for us and checking on contractors’ work on some renovation activities in our absence.
We are looking forward to living in our new home and would be more than happy to recommend Suzanne Bruinsma to anyone else who needs the services of a friendly, honest and knowledgeable Real Estate Professional. When we make the final move to Cabo San Lucas, we know that we already have a friend there.
Thank you Suzanne !
Suzanne was honestly so great to work with while looking for our perfect Cabo home! She was so patient with us living in California trying to find the right one and we couldn't thank her enough for her knowledge and helpfulness. She really knows the areas well and you can count on her to do her research before and after showing. Even after closing she is still reliable and we highly recommend her for your Cabo real estate needs - The Danzes